Welcome to SPECTRAL SONICS. A VR/3D Ambisonic Audio company based in Cape Town, South Africa.
We provide Recording, Mixing, Conversion & Encoding Solutions for 3D sound for Virtual Reality content. Furthermore we also Design Sounds, FX and Music for adverts and VR experiences.
We are proficient in any other traditional audio visual requirement such as Voice Recording, Music for Adverts, Sound Design and Mix/ Final Mix options.
What is Ambisonic Audio?
Ambisonic audio is a full-sphere surround sound technique: in addition to the horizontal plane, it covers sound sources above and below the listener.
The basic approach of ambisonic audio is to treat audio as a full 360° sphere of sound coming from different directions around a center point. In the context of VR goggles, when you move your head in one direction or another, the audio changes in relation to your movements.
This technology delivers a leap forward from surround sound with expansive, flowing audio that immerses the listener far beyond what stereo can offer. It transports the listener inside the the virtual space with multi-dimensional audio and adds a second sense to your 360° and VR content!
What can Ambisonic Audio be used for?
Ambisonic Audio (3D sound) can be used in any VR/360° video and works on both computers and VR headsets. Example of where 3D audio can effectively be used are:
- YouTube/Facebook/Vimeo 360° videos etc.
- VR marketing campaigns and experiences
- 360°/VR music videos
- VR Microphone Recording: High quality Ambisonic Audio recordings with our microphone captures the raw sound in 3D audio!
- VR mixing: Mix any audio into Ambisonic/3D Audio
- Conversion: Conversion and encoding any music or audio you currently have into Ambisonic/3D Audio
- VR Sound Design: Full scale foley and productions for VR video/ 360° and 3D vide.
Please enquire about any VR/3D sound solutions.
As stated above we cater on a case by case basis as this is new technology and each project has different requirements. Please contact us to see if we can assist you.